We are currently holding in-person services outdoors at 9:00am and 10:45am. Bring your own lawn chairs, masks, and coffee. We will practice physical distancing between non-household members and have activities for your kids. For more information, click on the "What To Expect" Button. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Newbreak Lead Pastor
Roberts Wachs is the Lead Pastor at Newbreak Church. When he is isn't speaking at our Tierrasanta campus, he is visiting our other campuses with his wife Lisa in Scripps Ranch and Ocean Beach, encouraging their pastors and empowering their people. He's been at Newbreak Church for more than 20 years and is excited for the future, as we connect people with God through authentic relationships to serve communities.
Newbreak Church is all about, "Connecting people with God through authentic relationships to serve communities."
When asked what the greatest commandment was, Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these" (Mark 12:29-31).
In an effort to comply with all local health and official guidelines regarding transmission of COVID-19, here is what you can expect during our outdoor services at Newbreak Scripps Ranch.
- If you are sick or have any symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, headaches, etc.) we ask that you attend church online with us.
- If you are in the high risk category, have family members who are high risk, or aren’t ready to worship with us in person, we completely understand! We would love to worship with you online at https://newbreaksd.online.church
- If you would like more information about COVID visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov
- We encourage you to park at Farb Middle School or in the Smart and Final Parking lot as there will be limited front lot and back lot parking.
- Kids get to worship with their individual families.
- We will have an activity bag you can pick up on either side of the patio to help your kids interact during service in their own way.
- Be sure to arrive early to get your seating situated.
- Seating will be available on the front patio under the shade sails and in the front parking lot.
- We ask that you bring your own beach chairs for your entire family. A limited number of chairs will be available if you do not have a beach chair. As you set up your chairs, sit together with your family and please respect an appropriate distance (6ft) from others.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations on your way in and out of the parking lot.
- One of our Hospitality Team members would be happy to spray an alcohol based sanitizer on your hands and check your temperature as you enter the parking lot.
- Restrooms will be located inside the church. A team member will direct you down the hallway as you enter the foyer.
- Please wear your mask and practice physical distancing when waiting for the restroom.
- As much as we miss being inside the church, we will only utilize the restrooms indoors. If you want to continue your conversation, feel free to do so outside in the parking lot.
- Please wear your face covering during service. We will have masks at guest services if you forget to bring yours.
- All of our staff and volunteer teams will be wearing masks alongside you!
- We wish we could give you all hugs, high fives and handshakes, but we will have to hold off for now.
- If you like to take notes, be sure bring your own Bible, pen, and paper. You can download the sermon notes online at https://newbreak.church/info.
- If you typically give in person, an offering basket will be at guest services that you can put your tithe/offering in. You can also give online or set-up recurring giving by going to Give Now. Either way, we are so thankful for your generosity!
- Look for the blue tent on the lawn to connect with a team member for any questions or help you may need.
- Our prayer team will be available on the patio for physically distanced prayer.
Subscribe to Weekly Updates
Newbreak Church partners with you and your family. Every week we send out an email providing helpful links to the week's content, guides for kids and students so they can follow along at home, as well as updated news and information that are important to Newbreak Church as a whole and specific to our campuses across San Diego County.