Ocean Beach Campus
We are currently holding in-person services outdoors at 9:00am and 10:45am. Bring your own lawn chairs, masks, and coffee. We will practice physical distancing between non-household members and have activities for your kids. For more information, click on the "What To Expect" Button. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Ocean Beach Campus Pastor
Carter Moss has been the Campus Pastor of our Newbreak Ocean Beach for six years. He loves finding new ways to serve the community and making faith practical in people's lives. He lives in OB with his wife and son (while his older two kids are gone at college). Carter has co-authored several leadership development resources, written for a variety of publications, and taught at various conferences on leadership, community development, and ministry. When he's not at church, he's playing beach volleyball, catching a live concert, or doing stand-up comedy at an open mic.
Newbreak Church is all about, "Connecting people with God through authentic relationships to serve communities."
When asked what the greatest commandment was, Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these" (Mark 12:29-31).
In an effort to comply with all local health and official guidelines regarding transmission of COVID-19, here is what you can expect during our outdoor services at Newbreak Scripps Ranch.
- If you are sick or have any symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose, headaches, etc.) we ask that you attend church online with us.
- If you are in the high risk category, have family members who are high risk, or aren’t ready to worship with us in person, we completely understand! We would love to worship with you online at https://newbreaksd.online.church
- If you would like more information about COVID visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov
- Services will be held in the courtyard. Arrive early to get your seating situated.
- Kids get to worship with their individual families.
- We will have a goodie bag you can pick up as you enter to help your kids interact during service in their own way.
- Our teams will clean and sanitize before and between all services.
- We have sunscreen and hand sanitizing stations on your way in and out of the parking lot.
- One of our Hospitality Team members would be happy to spray an alcohol based sanitizer on your hands and check your temperature as you enter the parking lot.
- Please wear your face covering during service. We will have masks at guest services if you forget to bring yours.
- All of our staff and volunteer teams will be wearing masks alongside you!
- Guest services (information tent) will be outside the gate.
- We wish we could give you all hugs, high fives and handshakes, but we will have to hold off for now.
- If you like to take notes, be sure bring your own Bible, pen, and paper. You can download the sermon notes online at https://newbreak.church/info.
- If you typically give in person, an offering basket will be at guest services that you can put your tithe/offering in. You can also give online or set-up recurring giving by going to Give Now. Either way, we are so thankful for your generosity!
- Restrooms will be located inside the church sanctuary.
- Please wear your mask and maintain six feet distance from non-household members when waiting for the restroom.
- As much as we miss being inside the church, we will only utilize the church lobby for restrooms. If you want to continue your conversation, feel free to do so outside in the parking lot.
- Look for Pop-Ups on the grass area by our mural where Prayer Team members will be available for physically distanced prayer.
Subscribe to Weekly Updates
Newbreak Church partners with you and your family. Every week we send out an email providing helpful links to the week's content, guides for kids and students so they can follow along at home, as well as updated news and information that are important to Newbreak Church as a whole and specific to our campuses across San Diego County.